Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Music Ignites what I Write

Background: Drive by Kiss (Damnbuilders)
~i may never find out where it is, i may reach you with  a drive-by kiss~ 

Such a powerful, lakas-maka-nostalgic-mood song. I've known this song from hubby of course, wayyy back early 2000-something era.  First time I've heard it, I instantly remembered Marc Abaya (vocalist of Sandwich now with Kwjan). I think the extra oomph- is the violin used in the song. Anyhow, the nostalgic feeling makes me wonder why I am in writing in the first place.   

I've written a lot of short verse poems, short articles on how I view life or basically how I felt during that time. I guess writing for me has become a therapy. They say, "Channel your negative energy into something positive" - and for me Writing definitely works!. 

There a lot of things, realizations, and thoughts about life that you can write when you're hyped with emotions - whether your happy or sad.  Which is why for me - music and writing are somewhat intertwined.  I write while I listen to the beat which is synonymous to the mood I have during that time. I guess, - the music ignites what I write.

So for today, I'd like to share a short verse poem written a couple of weeks back. As nostalgic as the background song is hitting my eardrums now, so as the thought behind this poem.


~Spontaneity~
written by: Arn (no copyright, all original)

Ending each day in a high, is a pleasant feeling - Glorify!
Whatever challenges that may come my way
I know I can hurdle regardless what they may say.
I will live my life the way it is -
I won't take any hesitation, because I don't want to miss.
Miss any moment, Miss any opportunity, 
Because we are give one chance in solidarity.

Grab the chance, take every moment of it,
Not a single doubt, not a single blink.
Whatever you got, be your all,
Because when you stumble and fall,
You can pull yourself up, take it's toll.
A lot days you will try to remember,
Whatever happened that faithful over.
Just end the day with a smile, Everything is just worth while.
None would have matter, Nothing should take you over,
Whatever you think of yourself, your thoughts,
Shall matter all the most.












No comments:

Post a Comment