Monday, July 8, 2013

My Kitchen Wannabe: Pantry and all the good stuff

What does being a mom and wife entails? Apart from nurturing and taking care of stuffs at home, I believe "cooking" is one of the skills that has to be mastered. Not really on the "masterchef" level but more of really providing nutritious at the same time delicious meals. So, this post basically highlights to what I really want to have in the future. I crave to have these:

A white kitchen


image c/o enterny.com
A wide-selection of pantry



c/o of google images



Spice Rack - ala Mccormick






A complete cooking set (image c/o google)


By looking at these photos, I can just simply imagine how fun it will be to cook. Having all these good stuffs to work with, is simply a haven for moms who really devote time to cook meals for their family.  

I was not really into cooking before, I usually jot down recipes and enjoy watching cooking shows however what amazes me is how simple ingredients and a few herbs/spices can really elevate the flavors of a single dish. So probably, in the future I will post some entries which feature the meals I will prepare for my family. Being budget and time conscious, I will share some of things I usually do to prep meals. This may also be a good way to pay tribute to my late grandmother who is really a good cook and lucky for me she left some really good recipes to try. 

I have a 4 year old son who is very much energetic and loves to eat chicken, noodle based meals, pancakes, and fruits. What I usually do is to make a meal plan. This planner is very useful in setting up menu for each day, to ensure that I am giving him healthy and balance meals.


So there,  I hope to share a thing or two about the recipes that I will try to recreate and share with you the joys of preparing meals for your own family.







2 comments:

  1. Nice idea about the planner!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, true. not only for kiddos but for the entire family. =)

    ReplyDelete