Saturday, July 27, 2013

A glimpse of my survival and not-so-vanity kit

After leaving corporate world, the bits and pieces inside my kit have lessen. I look at it in a positive way because that means I am saving?!?, being cost effective?, yay! -  or basically I've learned to purchase things that I need rather than I want (naks!).  I usually follow make up bloggers to keep myself updated with new make ups, skin care, hair care, etc., I would often check all other related blogs to that specific product before I make the final verdict whether to buy or not to buy. And so, when I started working in a full time home based job, I still follow and read blogs; however, unlike the hay days - I can go to the nearest mall to see the actual product which therefore heightens the temptation to buy. Ineffective decision making, err. 

Now that I'm home based I get to filter stuffs which are staple part of my kit. You see being home based you still need to prettify yourself and prepare (at least) like you are basically going to work. For me, I think this sets your mood and especially your mind that you've got a job to do. So, what do I have inside my "home-based inspired survival/vanity kit"  whenever I start a day at home:







Daily bread/ Francis Kong book: The ones I have are from 2012. It may be outdated but still works for me. Daily bread have the version online too. Reading a phrase that is positive, frees the mind and at the same time feeds the soul. Francis Kong's One Day at a Time  is truly an inspirational book. I've got the 1 and 3 edition. Very helpful and keeps you going. Great way to start the day.






To- do List: Very helpful. You can think of the things you need to do, write it down so you can reflect and check those that you have accomplished and see what are those that are still pending.







A dose of Music. Yes, for me music is almost-always related to what our mood is everyday. So something that can perk up my mornings is very important. On the days I need to work more faster than the usual, I always needed to at least have something on my playlist that will keep me going and keep my senses on track to finish my tasks.








After taking a nice bath, Moisturize!. This will provide nourishment to skin, prevents it from getting dry despite whatever tasks I need to do for the day. I either use Cetaphil moisturizer or Celeteque (depends whether I use cetaphil or celeteque as my facial wash).



Sunblock: A good way to avoid wrinkles/early aging apart from moisturizing is to wear sunblock. SPF 50 at least according to my dermatologist. Nivea is the one I trust for this. For me, this is a very light, non greasy sunblock perfect for everyday use.  This keeps my skin moisturize and protected from harmful sun rays as I always accompany my kid to school. 








Trusted Lip Balm. The ones I have is from Snoe, - Beso Balm. I like this lip balm because it keeps my lips from getting dry,and chapped. Very affordable and reliable lip balm.




So there, those are the basic stuffs I have on my everyday survival go-to kit. 



On the days, I am out with my family, the usual, very basic things I have in my bag are:




Camera: Yes, I know having a camera phone is already handy but nothing beats having a good point and shoot camera to capture moments. 











Maybelline BB Cream and Maybelline 2-Way Cake: Maybelline has been my holy grail. I think I've been using Maybelline since 2005. The Maybelline BB cream is part of my routine since 2010. A friend introduced this to me and being a Maybelline user for quite a while, I did give it a try. I've used other BB creams such as Snoe BB cream. Snoe being a organic BB cream has good coverage but does not last the way Maybelline did. So -Maybelline is still on the top  of my list.






Of course - Snoe Beso Lip Balm.







A good pair of ponytail elastics - always handy when you have a very active kid. it helps to have my hair in place.





Prokids Baby Wipes- this is light scented. not too strong and does the job.




Enfant Hand sanitizer: My son has been an enfant user ever since - powder, lotion, shampoo, oil and even the baby clothes washer. Enfant is not "uber" expensive but it leaves a very nice "amoy-baby" smell, does not irritate my son's skin and very much available almost in all department/baby stores.






Green Cross Hand Sanitizer:  For me, this is by far the best sanitizer just because it doesn't dry out skin and yet it really leaves a very clean feeling.






Aside from the obvious things I have inside my kit such a towel, a mini-towel, comb, and kids stuff - these are the very basic things that I make sure that are always present in my bag whenever I go out.



How about you, what's on your list? Mine are very basic yet essential things I consider, which will always be staple things inside my kit. 


*Images aside from my to-do list are grabbed from google images.




No comments:

Post a Comment