Friday, June 7, 2013

Triumphs, Setbacks and Redemption

I do have another blogsite but intentionally created a new one. Why? Because I felt that a new, clean slate of opportunity has been given to me and I feel that a new blogsite will be a perfect fit.

I've had a bunch of not so good memories in 2011. Actually, the last entry I've had in 2010 was sad but definitely less dramatic than what I have experienced in 2011. Yes, 2011 - oh, what a year that was. It was a year full of daze, cloudy, and dark nights. I felt that my decisions were poorly executed and I was sinking beyond of what could be the bottom of the ocean. Yes, that's how I can describe my 2011 was. 

First, I left a job that gave me so much joy and family-like environment. For what? Yeah, Growth. I felt I was about to achieve that but I fell short. I am happy to experience a new role but my heart is not there. I left again, hoping that the next job I land will be a fine track and move out of the bumpy road I've been through. But then again - I failed. really - really failed. The days are truly agonizing. I never felt so down in my life until I was there. Family is definitely affected since weekends are no longer weekends because I am still in the office. Nights are supposed to be a resting period - but then I am still in the office. That's how the tons of workload are in my shoulders and I feel like I can never ever get up.  So, I made up my mind - thought of just leaving everything behind, even that would mean I will be jobless.  I can remember posting this on my fb account and my friends, co-workers have shown their support:


"Someday - I'll look back and be thankful for the strong winds that I've experienced. These strong winds are life's own way of making me realize how to appreciate little things that I may left behind. I am thankful for everything. Looking forward."



Which is definitely true. I left my job. Enjoyed the yuletide season - hoping and praying that soon I will find a good catch. And it happened. I felt that this was the job, I was meant for. Home based  check, good salary- check and benefits - super check. So there, the decision was a no-brainer. 

Now, I can say that challenges still arise but when your happy and your heart is really there, then these challenges are like a piece of cake. I am more than happy that finally, I can say that work-life balance is totally achieved. 

I felt that as 2012 moves - my whole life is changing slowly but steady. I felt that at the end of 2012, I was able to redeem myself and have totally let go of the dark chapter of 2011. I was really in despair that 2011, I feel like I am driving in a road less traveled and my whole engine just stopped working and I've got nothing to do than to walk my way out. And yes, I was stressed, depressed, and gloomy. I felt that the entire year, I was wearing clothes that are not really mine and when it was over - I was back in my sneakers and jeans, ready to rock and conquer again.  

Overcoming tough circumstances are like forming a perfect team. You plan, you recruit, you check how the team adjusts and see whether there's a need to trade in order to find that perfect fit. It will take some time but as soon as right pieces are placed together, then rewards are much sweeter. 

I am thankful for the dreadful and annoying situations I've been through because it pushed me harder to strive for what is best. I see no u-turn, no detour,- there's no room now to head back but to MOvE FOrwArd..

No comments:

Post a Comment